Last week we had our 6th Annual Bible Conference at the Blue Point Bible Church. Pictures are still be uploaded, many of us are still relishing the fellowship that was had, and prayerfully, reviewing our notes and uploaded videos from the conference. As is my usual custom, I’d like to share some of my notes from the messages and of course provide links for your viewing pleasure.
Also, you can find the Facebook group designed just for this conference at the following link, https://www.facebook.com/groups/2425204374379395/
Conference Opening – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03HQpJCQ9vQ
Mr. Ward Fenley, New Creation Ministries International – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03HQpJCQ9vQ
- “Psalms are Jesus’ thoughts while He was on earth”.
- Read Psalm 145 and consider the Kingdom.
- There is no “scuba-diving” in the Kingdom of God. (cf. Micah 7:19)
Mr. Holger Neubauer, Lakeshore Church of Christ – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnAi6oYE8K8
- In Joshua 5, Joshua meets a man (Christology)
- “All the “ologies” must be found in the Old Testament”
- “The OT is not willy nilly mentions of Jesus, rather it is an outline of eternal Messianic work”.
- “OT understanding clarifies what Jesus meant”.
- Joshua 5:2 – circumcision “again” – soteriology – Col. 2:11-12; Mark 16:16; Acts 8:35 – 36
- “Jesus connected belief and baptism to the Gospel”. (cf. Mark 16:16)
- Joshua 5:9 – after the 40 year period (transition)
- Joshua 5:12 – “The manna ceased…” (Holger explained that the miracles cease when they get into the land, many see “different miracles” happening in the land).
- “Preterists are the only ones who take the Lord’s Supper with the proper attitude”
- “The Spirit speaks expressly, the Holy Spirit teaches with words”.
Michael Miano reads thoughts from Mr. Larry Siegle of Fulfilled Dynamics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT_XIFSw3A4
Rev. Charles Hallford, Gospel Ministerial Alliance – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7-V_a-NCKQ
- gmai.us and www.preteristus.com
- “The freedom to see His understanding”.
- Always updating, always learning, not stagnant
Deacon Edward Silsbe, The Blue Point Bible Church – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gzRJNxHDU4
Apostle Johnny Ova, Sound of Heaven – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USBgNlbEvrk
Pastor Steve Schilling, The Blue Point Bible Church – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-__088BF2wo
- Acts 16:25-34
- “Sir, what must I do to be saved?”; “And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house”.
- What’s next? A step back and looking at ourselves and allowing the Lord Jesus to go before us.
- Jeremiah 9:24; 1 Corinthians 1:31; 2 Corinthians 10:17
- John 17:3 – Eternal Life
- John 1:18; John 3:14-15; 1 Cor. 2:12-16; John 4:24
- “Is it wrong to think?”
- What’s next? That they all may be one and that we die to ourselves to Christ lives through us!
Mr. Glenn Hill, author of Christianity’s Great Dilemma
- Revelation 21:2-6, 10, 17, 21-27 – New Jerusalem
- Specific text – Revelation 21:25 – “Her gates shall never be shut”
- “What’s next for Preterism? Perhaps is should be evangelism”.
- “His great priority” – seek and save the lost
- John 14:2; Galatians 4; Hebrews 12:18 – “Relationship – the place we live – in the Father”
- “Help me to move the unredeemed from the back burner to the front burner”.
Here is some Q&A with various speakers on various topics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPb-ykMCQKs
Get your copy and watch Peacemakers: Crossing the Divide at the following link, https://www.peacemakersfilm.org/
Of course we also had skits and antics by Herman & Nudix. Here are a few links to those videos:
Friday Night Game Show – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIlWI5ul0lg
Batman & Robin Whack King James – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ1OOCsLpVM
Batman & Robin Find A Bomb at Burger King – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzLU4j5XFb4
Sunday Worship Service
Opening Worship, Exhortation, and Special Music – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOTRz9px9H4
Pastor Michael Miano, What’s Next? Our Latent Potential – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSylBTtvg5s